At the end of the unit, students will:
- Understand and explain main stream business model concepts
- Understand and explain different business model innovation strategies
- Know different business model innovation cases and theoretical implications
- Have gained insights about drivers and success factors of business model innovation
- Have gained basic skills to analyze business model innovation
- Definition and concepts of business model and business model innovation
- Drivers of business model innovation
- Business model innovation strategies and case companies
- Key trends in business model innovation: digitalization
- Key trends in business model innovation: platformalization
- Osterwalder, A. 2004. The business model ontology: A proposition in a design science approach. University of Lausanne: Doctoral thesis.
- Osterwalder, A. and Pigneur, Y., 2010. Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. John Wiley & Sons.
- Gassmann, O., Frankenberger, K. and Csik, M., 2014. The business model navigator: 55 models that will revolutionise your business. Pearson UK.
- Gassmann, O., Frankenberger, K. and Csik, M., 2013. The St. Gallen business model navigator.
- Zott, C. & Amit, R. 2010. Business model design: an activity system perspective. Long range planning, 43(2): 216-226
- Christensen, Clayton M. The innovator's dilemma: when new technologies cause great firms to fail. Harvard Business Review Press, 2013.